Home Community Crypto, Trading, Investing, and Technology Auto Trade Regional Support

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      adminadmin
      Keymaster

Due to some issues with Auto Trade in certain regions, we are deploying changes for better regional support. We expect to have these fully tested and live by next Tuesday, July 9. Please watch for further updates.

In the meantime, we are supporting USD trading pairs only.

Once the changes are deployed, we will have separate tabs for:
      *USD
      *EUR
      *GBP
      *USDC

USDC is Coinbase’s Stablecoin that is pegged to the US dollar. This gives Coinbase Pro customers across the globe the ability to trade if the local fiat is not allowed. Learn more here: https://www.coinbase.com/usdc

Participant

Coinbase is not a viable option for me, so I’m eagerly awaiting the auto trade signals for Binance. Which pairs are you planning to have there and approximately when?

JustinJustin

Since the machine learning models consume USD data, we are focused on USDC stablecoin for Binance. We hope to have a solid date update on this coming Tuesday.

adminadmin
      Keymaster

Solution has been validated and tested. It is expected to go live tomorrow July 9.

Participant

Wow, this is very exciting!

Participant

Hi Justin,

Am I correct in assuming that the UI for the Auto Trade Dashboard will include an option to select the exchange once your Binance API goes live? Would this selection then change the options for trading pairs? As far as I understand, you are supporting USD pairs for Coinbase and USDC pairs for Binance.

Another (unrelated) question I have is for configuring the exchange API (Auto Trade Exchange Setup). The documentation is not clear what value you are expecting the user to input in the “passphrase” field. Could you please clarify whether this is the Crypto-ML login password or the exchange login password?

Thank you!

adminadmin
        Keymaster

@cryptomlpedro, thank you for the question.

When Binance goes live, yes, it will be a selectable option within the UI. The UI will need to be altered to allow for multiple exchanges.

For the trading pairs, USDC will be the focus for initial Binance release however the capability is now there to allow for other pairings.

As for the Passphrase, that is supplied by Coinbase Pro. You can see screenshots here: https://crypto-ml.com/auto-trade/#How_to_Connect_Your_Exchange (and then expand the “Coinbase Pro API Connection” portion)

Each exchange has different approaches to APIs so the configuration for others will vary.

adminadmin
      Keymaster

Everyone, regional support is now deployed. An email will be sent, but the basic steps are:

1. Go to your Auto Trade Dashboard: https://crypto-ml.com/auto-trade-dashboard/

2. Disable Auto Trade

3. Now you will see a new “Market” dropdown that allows you to choose a currency to trade against. USDC will be best for most users across the globe.

4. Reenable Auto Trade

Full instructions here: https://crypto-ml.com/auto-trade/#How_to_Enable_Auto_Trade

JustinJustin

To be clear on the changes, exchanges have certain regional restrictions they need to place on accounts in order to meet local regulatory requirements.

If you received Auto Trade error notifications, it’s likely because of one of these restrictions. The Auto Trade update today now allows you to choose a trading pair allowed by the exchange for your account.

The trading pair is called a “Market.” This is the fiat you’ll trade crypto against.

Coinbase Pro primarily allows fiat trading in USD, GBP, and EUR–all of which are now supported by Auto Trade.

For everyone else, you can use USDC. This is Coinbase’s stablecoin. It can be used as a trading pair instead of fiat. We recommend USDC as the best option for most traders, even if you have another choice available to you.

Our machine learning models are all consuming USD data, so USDC is ideal since it mirrors USD price.

On your Auto Trade Dashboard, you will be able to see pairs that are not supported by looking at the “Current Portfolio” section of Auto Trade Dashboard. If it shows “Not Available” that means that Market is not allowed for your account.

That’s it! Let us know if you have any questions/trouble with the new options.

Participant

Thank you for all this very useful detail, Justin.

For the Binance API, it is possible to restrict access to trusted IPs only. Will we have this option for Auto Trader, and if so, what are the IP addresses AT would be trading from?

JustinJustin

That is a great security feature. Let me follow-up with the team tonight and get back to you on that one.

And thanks for the support and questions–really appreciate it.

JustinJustin

@cryptomlpedro, some info on this-

Currently, we use a web service for these APIs. The communication is currently initiated from a dynamic IP (not static). One advantage of this is it aids security of our backend.

That said, we agree locking a user’s API key to an IP address or range is a good security feature for users. We have it in scope to review further and will keep you posted.

Participant

Thank for this clarification, Justin.

Do you have a target date for the release of the Binance version? I thought it would be this week, but maybe I misunderstood.

JustinJustin

Yes, sorry for any confusion. The release this week was to expand regional support for Coinbase Pro.

Binance is still in development and will move to test. We hope to be able to share a solid date within a couple of weeks. Overall, the implementation is pretty straight forward–most of the heavy lifting is already done with the core Auto Trade code. We hope to have it out soon.

Participant

I’m still getting an error message on my account email alerts despite the regional support update.

Details are:

Coinbase Pro account location: UK
      Currency pair selected: BTC / EUR
      Error message: “Insufficient funds” – this is not correct as I had BTC which was sold manually after the failed auto trade email was sent – This was generated by the July 10th alert.

Do you know what is causing these continuing issues?

JustinJustin

@Gryphonn, sorry about the issue. I’ve raised this as a support issue to see what’s going on specifically with yours.

adminadmin
        Keymaster

@gryphonn, there was a EUR-specific item causing this particular issue. We have successfully deployed a minor update that corrects for this precision metric. The next trade on your account will work properly. Thank you for reporting this issue.

Participant

Thanks! Appreciate it.

Participant

Hello Justin,
      I also have a question related to a similar matter…

Living in Europe, will I be able to use your signals (WITHOUT having to activate Auto Trade)?

I see they’re always based on USD, so would like to know how/if they can be “translated” to EUR (as you know, in EU countries Coinbase Pro doesn’t allow to trade on American markets)

(Hope it is fine to post this question within this topic)

Thank you for your clarification and keep up the great work you’re doing 😉

Matteo

JustinJustin

Hi Matteo, great question.

USDC is a stablecoin based on the US Dollar and it is perfect for this situation. You can trade between Bitcoin (or whatever) and USDC. This would eliminate fluctuations between USD and your local currency (EUR).

So a trading pair of BTC/USDC would net the same results of a BTC/USD trading pair.

Here’s an article covering it: https://crypto-ml.com/what-is-the-usdc-stablecoin/

And yes, please ask these sort of questions here. I think it will benefit others. Thanks!

Participant

Thank you for your clarification Justin, really appreciate it!

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.