Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      LeoTheLion
      Participant

I have noticed over the past few BCH cycles that the model is often way off with its predictions versus what actually happens (when BCH opened last it was predicting 25% gains for two days and this turned out to be 7-8% gains (with the 25% further gains predicted once it had gotten to around 4% gains already)). The last two cycles similar gains were predicted, but there were instead significant drops. I was curious if any updates to the BCH model were in place given its inconsistent behavior. Ultimately every investor seeks to gain as much as possible from their trades and I swapped from ETH to BCH prior to ETH’s jump given the prediction of significant gains and as a result missed out on significant ETH gains.

LeoTheLion
      Participant

I recognize that BCH seems particularly liquid in these less predictable times and that markets are facing novel behaviors that further challenge the models.

Justin

Yes, we have been monitoring BCH closely as it was providing that extreme reading for a fairly long time. While it will go through additional training, readings like that can happen simply because a unique set of conditions happened to match some prior pattern.

Even though the reading was higher than reality, it still resulted in a great trade that closed out at a very good time.

Both ETH and BCH closed out trades for nice gains.

LeoTheLion
      Participant

Agreed and I was fortunate to get some of the gains as well. Have a better sense of how to best use the new models, thanks again for what you do, I am happy with my overall gains for the month even with the losses that were incurred.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.