Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      LeoTheLion
      Participant

Again it appeared that the market moved too quickly for the stop limits and BCH passed through this without selling (it is still actively dropping and I imagine people who bought into the signal are now down around 6 or 7%). Hopefully all were able to sell as the situation developed

LeoTheLion
      Participant

Related to this topic, if I set auto trader to a given currency and I want to say place a stop limit order for such a situation, would the auto trader cancel the stop limit order and sell by my settings, which is to sell via market order?

Justin

Hello, yes–the stop performance needs to be improved on our end. We’re actively working this.

In some prior cases, it wouldn’t have mattered. The markets moved just too quickly and blew through even standard stop losses. But this BCH one could have performed better. We’ve completed the RCA and are working on it. Generally our stop losses do what they’re supposed to, but they can be improved. Hope to have an update next week.

Regarding setting your own stop–no, that is totally fine and Auto Trade will not interfere. If your exchange stop is hit, BCH will sell. Later, you’ll get an Auto Trade order to sell, but it won’t have any BCH to sell, so nothing happens.

There’s no conflict if you set your own stops.

LeoTheLion
      Participant

Sounds good, thanks for the info. I also noticed earlier in the fifth model that the precision would update after each trade, how often can one expect this to update so I can better make decisions on switching to different cryptocurrencies?

LeoTheLion
      Participant

If it is any help, it seems that the enaction of stop loss sells occur at the same time as the 24 hour prediction updates every hour versus within that one hour.

LeoTheLion
      Participant

We again passed the stop loss and sell was not triggered for BCH

LeoTheLion
      Participant

Things are rebounding back to the stop loss point, but it would be helpful to better understand the decision making of the algorithms towards how stop loss sells are chosen

Justin

Hi @juliandwillett, yes–the stop loss logic is being redone now. The complexity that’s causing these issues is that it is considering the prediction. That’s why there is a delay.

However, to better avoid these drops, we need it to work faster and act more like a traditional stop loss. This goes for the trailing loss too. In our testing.

So that part is being rewritten and we should have that out ideally this week.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.