Home Community Trade Signal Discussion BTC Short?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi,
      Just got the signal for BTC Short a few hours ago. Since then BTC made around +2 % so it seems that your ML-Signal goes in the wrong direction. Any suggestions how to handle such situations? Just trusting the machine and waiting?
      Regards,
      Mark

Justin Justin

Hi Mark, yes–we just had interesting behavior across all signals. All of the LONG signals issued closes and then the SHORT signal issued an open. This was followed by a pop up in prices (not what we want). So at least in the immediate term, the signals seemed to have anticipated things incorrectly.

However, their perspective is more on the “several day” to weeks outlook. Based on this, I was expecting a drop in price to follow.

But now a couple of LONG signals have reopened and we seem to be holding about $4K.

I think we’ll have to wait and see. The system does not incorporate stop losses, so to truly follow the system, you’d await the close on the short. The signals definitely do issue losses…but are usually good at minimizing losses and letting wins run.

As a roadmap note, we’re working on finalizing a new signal that will be designed for day trading. It can issue long or short trades and they won’t conflict. Right now, we have the challenge that the SHORT and LONG signals can conflict.

We’ll keep you updated on this and great question!

Participant

Thanks Justin, very interesting information. I follow it closely but waiting with bigger investments just to get some more experience with it before going “all in”.

Justin Justin

That’s smart and certainly was my approach too.

Participant

Funny, btc short and long signals 3 to 5 days in between. Dont know what to do now….

zeallous zeallous
      Participant

Yes, my signals did not show short, so when it came out i was like…”huh?”. But I think crypto-ml is doing great. I don’t follow all the signals, but when I do (and when my system shows the signal), it does very well.

Participant

Yes, less conflicting long/short signals would be ideal. Also introducing stop losses would be a good option for those who wish to continue managing their positions themselves even after the auto trader release since it is a 24/7 volatile market.

Justin Justin

Agreed! This will be coming with the new synced version. Unfortunately, this Stripe credit card issue has been an unexpected management and development drain. Once complete, we will double back down on getting this implemented and available.

We’ve also had several requests asking about stop losses, so it’ll make sense to post some official guidance in the interim. Look for that soon as well.

Participant

Hi Justin,

Do you have any update regarding the stop losses guidance?

Thanks.

Justin Justin

Hi @daam37, yes–it is next in the pipeline to be published.

The current alert situation has us all watching. The BTC Short trade is currently at a ~1.3% loss. But both it and the BTC Trade Meter remain fairly bearish. It’s also unusual that Litecoin has separated so much.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.