Home Community Trade Signal Discussion Getting into a trade long after signal issued

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Justin Justin 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

• Author
    martyf
    Participant

Is there a way to gauge whether we should get into a position if we missed the signal? For instance, the current short signal was at 10300 – I missed that one. We’re currently at 8300. The open short signal is still on. The trade meter is printing -300 for spot and +400 for short. It would seem that its still fine to enter here, based on some other technicals as well… I just wish this platform could give a clear indication.

kw
    Participant

I would be interested to understand more about this as well. Ideally, though you could just automate everything and then it should not be possible to miss a signal.

The reason I am not using Auto Trade at the moment is because it only works for one pair. I would like to be able to use for all pair simultaneously.

admin
    admin
    Keymaster

@martyf and @kw, this is a good call out and has been added to our development list.

Justin
    Justin

Let me add some color to this.

We are working on some very big changes on the ML front. This is namely on the anomaly detection (pending reversals) and integration with the Market Index. Based on this, there will be a different way to look at the concept of “strength” and would certainly give us even better answers to the question you’re asking.

That said, I also face this question myself. There are times a signal comes and I have to decide later if I want to manually follow it.

I decided to manually follow the recent ETH trade and am very glad I did. That ended up being a 13.5% gain, which I nearly matched even though I was a bit late.

Here’s what I look at:

1) Are the signals converging in their behavior?

If I see all longs closed, short open, and a descending Market Index, then I feel much more confident about hopping in.

If the signals are all instead mixed, there is probably a bit more indecision and we’re likely at a pivotal point that hasn’t quite pivoted yet. I tend to be more cautious here as movements may be smaller.

2) How far has the Trade Meter moved?

Before a trade closes, knowing how much that meter will need to retrace is valuable too. If the meter moved a lot really fast, I feel more comfortable hopping in late.

3) Has price changed dramatically?

If a trade opened and price already moved a huge amount, I tend to be cautious. If movement has stalled, it’s likely there will be a bit of a retracement. If price retraces but the Trade Meter still stays strong, I may hop in on the bounce and ideally get to ride the next leg.

If price is still hovering around where the trade opened, sometimes I can get in at a similar price.

To sum, there’s not a perfect answer here. When I “miss” a trade, I consider all of the inputs from Crypto-ML along with my other trading experience and make a decision.

But ultimately, what you’re asking for is an awesome concept. Is the trade still valid at this price? It’s on our board and we will be seeing how we can more definitively answer that question for you.

matthew55
    Participant

I would like to add that, possibly for both the Trade Meter and Market Index, it would be a nice feature to show not only the last (today’s) value, but also the ones from the last 2-3 days before…

With the Market Index it’s easier to remember (and see on the chart) what was the yesterday’s value (even just by having a look at the chart reveals if it’s a uptrend on downtrend situation)…

But the Trade Meter has more variables, so it’s harder to remember all of them (in order to compare their trends with the last days)

Please let me know if this is something with a logic behind or if I’m missing how those tools work 🙂

PS: Talking about the specific situation, with the BTC Open Short signal at $10213.94, I would like to know if we can expect a Close Short signal in the next days (when the machine thinks the price will start to go up again… let’s say for instance around $7k) or if before doing that, the ML machine will have to “see” that BTC has actually risen back to $10213.94 before being able to provide us with a fresh Close Short signal…

Thank you!

matthew55
    Participant

Again I can’t edit my previous message…

Obviously forget about the PS, I didn’t read properly the original message from martyf, so I wrote something which has no sense at all 🙂

Sorry for the confusion, but the first part of my message remains something I think can be useful for most people

martyf
    Participant

@matthew55, yeah I agree – having the trade meter as a time series would be useful I think.. unless I’m interpreting that signal wrong.

Justin
    Justin

Good suggestion. We’ll explore the visualization options. I might be neat to see all 5 time series lines on the same chart. It may be better to have each individually in its own tab.

This is definitely doable.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.