Home Community Trade Signal Discussion Initial Setup

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hello, I’m a brand new subscriber to Crypto ML!

When I funded my broker account, I thought that it might be a good idea to convert a small percentage of my USDC funds to BTC in order to catch the system’s attempts at shorting. Seems like a good idea to me but what do the rest of you say?

Participant

afaik, none of the autotrade bots can currently perform shorts.

adminadmin
      Keymaster

Hello @bankroll, welcome and thank you for joining!

@martyf is correct, the Auto Trade system is currently for long trades only.

Please let us know of any other questions you may have.

Thank you.

Participant

Thanks for the responses. I will convert my BTC back to USDC then.

Is there an ETA as to when short trades will be re-enabled?

Participant

Are there advantages to Binance vs Coinbase Pro for autotrading? Do they both offer tax statements?

JustinJustin

Hey guys, great questions and thanks so much for joining the conversation. I can speak to both of these items.

As for the short trades, we have been heads down getting the new BTC Beta (Anomaly) launched. It’s killer. If you haven’t yet, please do check this out: https://crypto-ml.com/bitcoin-trading-with-machine-learning-anomaly-detection/

Now that it is live and stable, we’re redirecting some focus back to the short system. I imagine you’ll have it back live within 7 days.

As for Coinbase Pro vs Binance, we are in the process of capturing order execution data. I want to provide a quantifiable answer to this question. Which slips more on trades? That + fees matters.

In regard to taxes, if you are in the US, nothing beats Coinbase. They give you everything you need to facilitate simple reporting. I’ve been able to just hand their report to my CPA and call it good. I’ve personally been trading for almost a couple of decades (crypto and traditional) at this point. Taxes have been such a headache that I’ve stopped at times, despite gains. So tax reporting matters to me and Coinbase does it right.

If you’re outside of the US, I’m not so certain. Let us know where you’re located and hopefully we can lean on others in our community to help.

Participant

Is there a page that shows the current position in each strategy?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.